Universal Basic Income will end world hunger.
Our planet actually produces enough resources for all of us to thrive. The problem is that some of us waste and some of us consume more than our share.
We believe that the most compelling use case for blockchain technologies is to provide every human being with a basic income. We are working on a cryptocurrency that will give one coin to every living human being, every day.
We hope that the effect of giving everyone a basic income will be that every human being will have enough food, clothing and shelter to thrive. We strive to create a world where survival is not a challenge and where our collective human resources are freed up to work on the most pressing challenges faced by our planet instead of focussing on our mundane survival requirements.
We are economists, humanitarians, translators, programmers, thinkers, environmentalists, capitalists, socialists and parents who want to leave the world to our children in a better state than we found it.
Our mission is huge. Our impact is even bigger. We probably need your help. If you would like to contribute, email [email protected] and share your thoughts with us.
Here are some ways you might help:
Think and share your thoughts. We are attempting to solve an extremely complex problem. We are a think-tank foremost and an implementation strategist secondarily.
- How do we deal with inflation in a global currency where potentially 7.6 billion coins are minted daily?
- How do we safely allocate money to children and vulnerable individuals?
- How do we deal with regulation on a global scale?
- How do we deal with identity on a global scale?
- How do we deal with crime prevention?
- How do we prevent corruption and financial misappropriation?
- Should we leverage blockchain to implement taxation at the transaction level or should we leave that problem to national revenue organisations?
- Should we leverage blockchain to reward distributed, decentralised transaction processors with a transaction fee or should we centralise transaction processing under a governance trust?
- What other questions should we be asking or thinking about?
- Write content and documentation that describes our mission, implementation and challenges. Our documentation is also a roadmap for our implementation so it is vital to the success of our mission.
- Translate content and documentation into a language you are proficient in.
Write open-source software for our implementations.
- Develop websites that describe and support our mission.
- Develop smartphone applications for end users to view, spend and access their basic income.
- Develop highly secure and highly scalable back-end software capable of unprecedented levels of blockchain transaction frequency.
- Test our software.